Friday, April 29, 2011

Sanding the Birch

After work it was such a sunny day, which I should say we have not seen sun in many many days, I decided to continue with sanding the interior. I can say tonight I have almost completed sanding the beautiful birch wood.

 I used a fine grit sandpaper 180 and a hand sander with lots of elbow grease.




The next step will be to wash the birch with Murphy Oil Soap. I plan on using Amber shellac, which is originally how the wood would have looked when new.  

Also, I washed out 49 years of dirt from the cabinets. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the shelves, maybe a nice paint job or just contact/shelf liner. Nothing special about the shelves.


Notice I purchased a set of trailer jacks. No more free rides for Bill!

Supplies came today from Vintage Trailer Supply.

front left Jalousie Bulb Seal for windows, front right Jalousie window glass seal
Back row left Butyl Putty tape, back row right Pile weatherstrip
I'll be busy working on the windows soon!


I love this company! 



No comments:

Post a Comment