Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cars & Guitars of Seymour

This past Saturday was the Cars & Guitars Show. Boy did we work hard to get Rosie as ready as we could. Here are pictures of the day.

My Grandchildren

Finished the canvas bunk the morning of the show. I love the edge trim

Of course I needed a pink flamingo

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Busy Busy 3 day until the car show!

I have been so busy staging Rosie. Yesterday I put carpet down. I know some of you just shuttered, but this is a cheap quick fix for showing her on Saturday. I have a list I need to accomplish and a wish list. I marked four things off my list yesterday and one off tonight.

Here are a few pics of what I have done:

Monday, June 20, 2011


Spent most of the weekend cleaning the ice box and the Holiday three burner stove with oven. Oh so dirty, only 49 years of grime. When I purchased her the previous owner gave me a box with pieces of the range. So glad for the Vintage Shasta Forum for help. A member sent me a picture of how the stove looks, (put together) hopefully I can piece it back together using the picture. Think of it like a puzzle.

I decided to just spray paint the ice box to help clean it up. Sorry no pictures of the dirt, but I promise pictures when I'm done cleaning up the appliances. I'm still thinking of adding a small refrigerator instead of the ice box. To do that I would need to trim the cabinet space to make it fit.

This week is dedicated to getting Rosie ready for the local car show, "Cars and Guitars," held downtown Seymour, Indiana. The fun starts at 2:00 on Saturday and ends with a band. Maybe I'll see some of you there! Please stop by and say 'Hi!'

Here is the link: http://www.carsandguitarsofseymour.com/

Will have pictures of the staging of Rosie.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paint Day

Spent eight hours painting the curb side and the front today. My daughter Katie has a big help today. We took turns spraying paint.

I first started with the bottom half and used five cans of Cherry Red. Of course I covered the windows and anything else I didn't want paint on. After the side and front was "red" we covered the bottom half and began spraying the top. Six cans of Ivory and we where very tired and very pleased with our work.

The day was in the upper 70's and overcast. There was a breeze today, but not a constant breeze.

We are not professionals by any means. There still are areas I want to fill in and redo, but that will come later.

After a nice dinner at Applebee's (Someone else could do the cooking tonight) I sprayed the tongue with paint stripper and it cleaned up really well. I applied Rust-oleum hammered finish paint in silver.

Monday, June 13, 2011

What a lovely weekend

I spent much of the day Saturday afternoon and Sunday working on the exterior of the Shasta. I took time to apply some Bondo to the aluminum skin. It took lots of muscle to sand that stuff smooth. While I worked on the exterior, Bill cut and placed boards under the sink area and the closet. I decided I want carpet for the flooring. I'll probably regret it, but I think it feels nicer on the toes! We went to the hardware store I picked out a dark brown color. At least it shouldn't show dirt.

Now to night after applying a coat of paint to the Bondo areas I decided to clean a couple of areas and try the paint color we picked up yesterday. We picked out Krylon Cherry Red gloss for the bottom half and Ivory gloss for the upper half. It will be bright!

http://krylon.com/color/families/ Click in the red color family and one of the colors shown in Cherry Red.


Cherry Red

Brown carpet with curtain material
 Ready for bed, my day off tomorrow, Going to give Rosie a bath and see about a paint job tomorrow. Hope it's not windy tomorrow!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blinds put on the two side windows

Just wanted to show the blinds I put on the two side windows. I followed the instructions on how to install the blinds and removed the extra, which I'm not always good at doing. Once I secured the blinds, I took scissors and trimmed around the window crank.

Oh, I also, put the curtain rods up just above the window where the original holds had been located.

The birch is in on the back of the camper

This week Bill and I put the birch panelling in the rear of the Shasta. I was up with the sun yesterday to put the shellac on, so I could beat the heat. Highs have been in the 90's. We still need to add the trim to finish, but it was a great feeling to have the birch up.

Before pictures

First coat of shellac

 After 3 coats of shellac

Bill also needs to finish the window framing to complete the back of the camper.

Morning after the storm

Sorry I haven't posted lately. The weather has not been the best in Indiana. Last week we had a major storm with high winds. We were blessed with no major damage. My heart was broken when I discovered a nest of baby robins was blown from a tree in our backyard. Baby's were old enough to fly away.

I was afraid the little Shasta my have taken flight, but she held tight. As you can see in my pictures the wind lifted the camper (This is the side that took the blast of wind) up enough so the jack stand was blown or fell over.

Oh, that's my dogs slipper toy in the picture!